The insurance company and repair shops want the same thing: to get your vehicle repaired and back to you in a timely fashion. There may be delays in the repair process, to help alleviate the delays check your policy.
You can use the collision repair shop of YOUR CHOICE. You are not required to use a shop selected by a claims adjuster. However, you are required by your policy to allow your insurance company a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damages prior to repairing them. All insurance policies vary, so please carefully read through yours to understand your rights and obligations. If an agreement cannot be reached between your insurance company and the repair shop, your policy has an “Appraisal Clause” whereby an independent appraiser can be called in to help resolve the matter.
These rules apply to all volume pills dealers policies:
- Ask what certificates the shop and its technicians have. Ask for a tour of the shop’s facility.
- You are not required by law to get more than one estimate.
- Only the owner, can authorize repairs on your vehicle.
- Repair estimates will vary. Initial estimates may not include necessary things such as front or rear wheel alignments, re-aiming your headlamps, supplies, etc. Some items may not be found until the vehicle has been disassembled.
- Only sign releases when the repairs have been completed to your satisfaction.
- You will be required to pay for the repairs upon completion. To avoid delays, it will be up to you to secure payment from your insurance company along with any necessary endorsements from lien holders.
Texarkana Auto Body Works proudly serves communities in the Texas and Arkansas regions. Stop by today for an estimate.